cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow SSDs on G18 (i7 - 4070)

djadam78
Level 7

Hi all,

I recently bought a G18 from Amazon and swapped the original SSD for my personal SSD plus added a second.

The problem I'm having is a 50% performance drop from what it should be, and what it was on my previous Legion 7i.

SSD benchmark is 50% down compared to before, only seeing 3500Mbit read instead of 7000+. Same (more or less) goes for all other metrics in the benchmark, all minus 50%.

The main SSD where Windows is installed is a WD Black SN850x 1TB, the second is a Crucial P5 Plus 2TB.

Any idea what could be the cause?

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @djadam78 ,

I would like to confirm with you what software you used to test the performance. Do both the WD Black SN850x and Crucial P5 Plus have the same issue?
Additionally, could you please help me confirm on which side the system drive is installed?
Please assist in verifying whether you have updated the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST) Driver and Intel Converged Security and Management Engine Driver for testing. 

You can download the latest drivers from the following link. 

https://rog.asus.com/laptops/rog-strix/rog-strix-g18-2023-series/helpdesk_download/

If you encounter any further issues, please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm using userbenchmark, same software I used to test these same SSDs on my Legion 7i. Score went from 502% to 196% which just seems strange.

All drivers and BIOS are up to date.

The system drive I installed replacing the "old" SSD it came with, the Crucial P5 Plus was installed in the empty slot.

Thanks,
Adam

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @djadam78 ,

Would you mind providing me with the following information through private message for further verification? Thank you.
(1) Product serial number
(2) BIOS version
(3) Windows version
(4) Screenshots of the relevant test data