cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scar 18 GPU on Ultimate mode makes static noise from speakers

JazzProx
Level 7

Hello. I recently bought Asus Scar 18 and after sometime I noticed that when I set the GPU on Ultimate mode in Armoury Crate app the speakers start to make some static-beep noise, it just comes and goes like every 10 seconds and its driving me crazy. My question is anyone who has a Scar 18 or Scar 16 do they have this problem as well?? And if so, I want to know if Asus can fix this anytime soon? I heard BIOS updates can fix such issues. 

5 REPLIES 5

JazzProx
Level 7

This noise however, only comes when im using it on Ultimate GPU mode, but on Standard mode nothing of that noise comes up.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @JazzProx ,

Apologize for the late reply. 
I would like to confirm with you if you have updated your BIOS to the latest version.
If you have updated your BIOS to the latest version and still have issue, please provide us with the following information. 
We will ask the relevant department to assist in confirming this issue. Thank you.

(1) Your product serial number:
(2) BIOS version:
(3) Video of the problem occurred:

can you privide  what the latest version of the Bios number is thank you

jorge970
Level 7

you are no alone on this one, i have the same problem and I am debating about returning it or not since the laptop performs excellent but the coil whining is horrible

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @jorge970 ,
Apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered. 
Could you please private message me the following information for further investigation of your issue? Thank you.

1. Product serial number
  2. BIOS version
  3. Under what mode does the issue occur with the AC? (If possible, could you provide a video for us to verify?)