cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Zephyrus S Keyboard Backlight Issue - Random Keys Blinking When Backlit Turned Off

rukzmal
Level 7

Hello ROG Community,

I am experiencing a sudden issue with the backlit keyboard on my #ROG Zephyrus S GX502GV. The problem appeared without any recent updates or installations. Here are the specifics:

1. When I turn the keyboard backlight off, some 7 random keys (f5 f6 f7 I K <, SHIFT) still emit a low brightness green light and blink sometimes.
  2. When I turn the backlight on, the general lighting seems fine, but the color cycle pattern is disrupted. Specifically, 3 keys (8 Y TAB) do not follow the color cycle pattern correctly

Here’s what I have tried so far:

Restarted the laptop.
Reset keyboard settings in Armoury Crate.
Updated Armoury Crate and all related drivers.
Checked updates in My ASUS app.

Despite these steps, the issue persists. I have not recently updated Windows, drivers, or installed any new programs that might have caused this. All keys are working fine, only the backlights.
Has anyone else encountered a similar problem or have any suggestions on how to resolve this? Or is this a bad sign of major keyboard future replacing issue? Please see the attached photos.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
photo_2024-06-15_14-03-15.jpgphoto_2024-06-15_13-57-46.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @rukzmal ,

Based on your description and the photos provided, we recommend that you take the laptop to a local service center for further inspection to identify the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.