cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Zephyrus M16 (GU603Z) Keyboard / WIndows 11 issues.

Kim_Strong
Level 7

Hiya,

On startup my M16 often has dead keys (usually but not limited to the keys 1,6,s) .. These keys will not initially work however after some time usually after the key has been mashed with adjacent keys, the key starts working correctly again?

I have run diagnostics and ensured all updates have been applied, via MyASUS and Armory create, however nothing seems to resolve.  I doubt it is a hardware problem as once the character key finally responds it will continue to respond until the next time the system is powered down. Where as the problem repeats. 
This is quite annoying and I really dont want to use an external keyboard as this is not practical for a mobile device.  Please can you advise how or when an update will be released to address this.

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Kim_Strong ,

Could you please confirm if you have tried reinstalling the drivers through Device Manager? Additionally, could you please attempt the following steps:

1. Remove ASUS System Control Interface v3 and uninstall Armoury Crate using the provided uninstall tool.
  2. Reinstall ASUS System Control Interface v3 and Armoury Crate.
  3. Disconnect all external devices and power sources while your device is powered off.
  4. Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds to perform an EC reset.
  5. Reconnect the power source and power on the device to test if the issue has improved.

Thank you.