cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 (2023) freezes on startup

DomenicoDentice
Level 9

Help please.

I have just purchased the ROG Zephyrus Duo 16 (2023) and after a week or so started to freeze on Windows startup and a couple of times on shout down. All drivers were updated and also ran hardware checks as well as a memory diagnostic check. No problem here. The notebook works fine when it gets through the initial startup and can work on it for hours with  no problems.

Has anybody an idea on what it could be?

Many thanks!!!

202 REPLIES 202

Firmware Version GX650PY, BIOS 312, on mine just to keep you all in the loop.

smithpoon
Level 9

To all friends, I also encountered this issue and I thought this was an isolated event. I sent my laptop to my local ASUS repair centre yesterday. But it is shocked to see there are other users is encountering similar issue. I wish ASUS can make a through investigation into this issue and give us a clear explanation. As my previous laptops may not need to send for repairs for just a short period of time.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @smithpoon ,

Could you please privately message me the product serial number and repair number? 
I will assist in monitoring the progress of your product repair. Thank you.

Hello @Anbby_ROG I just send you a private PM among your request. Please check. Thanks

Can you resend it? I have just checked and my PM inbox is empty!

I send my PM to this account: Anbby_ROG

ah yes sorry

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @smithpoon ,

Got it! 

Thank you for providing the information.

DomenicoDentice
Level 9

FIRST UPDATE from the Asus service centre.

I was told that parts were ordered and should arrive on June 1st. They did not specify what parts but for us all I asked the question and wrote them to send me a report of what the problem was and what parts were changed! I will keep everyone posted!

Thanks for the update. It will be interesting to see what they need to replace to hopefully fix the issue. I was hoping it was going to be more of a software/firmware issue but now this sounds unlikely. Thanks once again.