cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G17 2023 G713PV-DS94 SPD issue

gubsilog
Level 7

Running on the latest bios G713PV.315 but the SPD of installed stock RAM is not detected  in CPU-Z or RAMMon.  Same goes with Aida 64 Extreme.  Tried upgrading the RAM to G.Skill DDR5-4800 but still SPD is not detected. Anyone encountered this issue or tried any RAM that shows the SPD values?

11 REPLIES 11

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @gubsilog ,

Thank you for raising this issue. We are currently verifying the problem with the relevant department.
We will provide you with further updates as soon as possible. Thank you.🙂

My ROG G17 2023 G713PV-DS94  does exactly the same, even after 3.16 bios update.  Currently using G.Skill DDR5-4800, but the same occurred with Teamgroup DDR5-5200 also.

Yup I can confirm this, the issue on the SPD is still not fixed with latest bios G713PV.316. Aside from stability, I hope they can address this issue as well. 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @gubsilog @grudd61 ,

Regarding the issue with SPD, we are actively analyzing the problem. 

We will promptly update you with any new developments. Thank you for your understanding.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @gubsilog @grudd61 ,

Thank you for your feedback . 
Regarding the issue you raised, a BIOS update will be released to address it. We recommend you to keep an eye out for the update.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding and patience. 
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at any time.Thank you

Yes, I also have the Gskill low latency 4800mhz model, speeds and settings should be available on this laptop.

when do you estimate these issues and functions will be implemented?

gubsilog
Level 7

Update: The issue on the SPD is still not fixed with latest bios G713PV.319. Ram installed is G-Skill DDR-5 4800 low latency.

grudd61
Level 8

I'm using Kingston Fury 5600 2x16 modules now and no-go also.  I noticed 319 was about 1/2 the size of the 316 update?  Also, there is a new F5 choice in bios for "ADT"?  Any idea what that is for?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi All,

After confirmation, we have a new BIOS update is expected next week to address this issue.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.