cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Dead Redemption 2 Causes ROG Strix Scar 17 (R9-7945HX, 4080) to Restart

sullh2019
Level 7

While I'm trying to play RDR2, my laptop restarts itself within 30-40 minutes, regardless of whether the graphics settings are the lowest or highest. I was in the main menu of the game just now, that is, I was not even in the game when it shut down, so I felt the need to open this thread. Is anyone having the same issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Bogus5
Level 12

Do you monitor CPU/GPU temperatures while gaming?

I also have a laptop cooling pad.

Ekran görüntüsü 2024-02-27 211804.png

C-V-N
Level 12

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @sullh2019 ,

Have you updated your BIOS to the latest version 327 and tested with the ASUS-certified NVIDIA Graphic Driver Version v31.0.15.4624 and AMD Graphic Driver Version V31.0.14038.8002?

If the issue persists, please provide the following information via private message, and I will provide feedback to the relevant department for further investigation. Thank you for your cooperation.

• SN:
  • Windows Build Version: (Settings - System - About)
  • Game/Software running at the time of the restart:
  • Are there any external monitors or other devices connected?
  • Please download Hwinfo and record logs before starting the game until 10 minutes after the game ends.

sullh2019
Level 7

It turns out that the PC frequently restarts itself not only in the game but also in normal use. I have updated the drivers and Bios as you said, but to no avail. 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @sullh2019 ,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please use the AsLogDumptool to capture the files and provide the following information via private message? I will then provide feedback to the relevant team for further investigation. Thank you for your cooperation.

• SN:
  • Windows Build Version: (Settings - System - About)
  • Armoury Crate > Settings > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):
  • When the issue occurs, what mode is the GPU and operation setting in Armoury Crate?
  • Are there any external monitors or other devices connected?