cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear LED Not Working

Zzues
Level 7

I just received my Asus ROG Strix Scar 16 laptop. The rear LED strip is completely off, but the keyboard and front LEDs are fine. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this? I updated all drivers and Aura software stuff that I could find, but no luck. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Zzues ,

Is your laptop the ROG Strix Scar 16 (2023)?
Could you please remove Armoury Crate using the uninstallation tool provided in the following link, then reinstall it and test if the ROG logo lighting effects work properly?
https://www.asus.com/supportonly/armoury%20crate/helpdesk_download/

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to let me know. Thank you.

Disregard my prior post if it went through! I did not see the "Show All" option at first. I downloaded and ran the Armoury Crate Uninstall Tool -Version 2.1.18.0 - 496.22 KB - 2023/06/21 and restarted. I then ran the Armoury Crate & Aura Creator Installer - Version 3.2.7.2 - 1.48 MB - 2023/06/15 and restarted. Still no rear LED bar function. Is there anything else I might try?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Zzues ,

Please open Armoury Crate and click on the "Devices" tab on the left side. Choose "ROG Strix" and go to "Lighting" and then "Settings". Select "System Lighting Zone" and choose "ON" to test if the logo on the back cover has lighting effects. Thank you.

I did as you suggested but the options were all on, screenshot attached. I also tried turning the rear light off and on, but no luck.

Asus ROG Lighting Settings.png

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Zzues ,

As you have already updated the relevant drivers and reconfigured the functionality, but the LOGO light still fails to illuminate, we suggest you send your laptop to the local repair center for further investigation. 
If your product was recently purchased, we suggest contacting the retailer for further assistance.

Thank you for your understanding.