cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with laptop Asus Tuf FA506II display at 144 hz

maurocristy
Level 7

Hi everyone, I have a laptop Asus TUF A15 (FA506II) since 2020, and since yesterday started to show almost the whole screen black, it only shows a little part of the top, then some funny lines and below them, all balck. The problem only happens when the display is setted at 144hz, if (in windows) I change the rate to 60 hz, it works fine.
The problem occurs from the startup of the laptop, so the ASUS Logo screen and the bios screen are shown with this problem, then when windows starts, and usiung an external display connected via HDMI, I can configure the rate to 60hz and the problem dissapears, but If I unpplug the external display, the rate goes back to 144 and the problem comes back. I don't know if it is a hardware problem (because it happens before windows starts) or a bios problem. It has a AMD Ryzen 7 4800H processor with radeon graphics.
If anyone had the same problem and found a solution, please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

WhatsApp Image 2024-05-16 at 3.33.42 PM.jpeg

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @maurocristy ,

Based on your description, since the issue persists even in the BIOS, it may be related to a hardware problem. 

We suggest that you take the laptop to your local service team for further hardware diagnostics to identify the issue. Thank you.