cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Asus G814jz Laptop (Keyboard)

mhimhdi2
Level 7

I have Asus G814JZ laptop. Sometimes its keyboard dosen't work, especially after sleep. How can I this problem solve?

12 REPLIES 12

Bogus5
Level 12

In the advanced settings of Windows power plans, you can customize every important piece of hardware individually.

please explain completely with Photo. 

Bogus5
Level 12

My problem is the keyboard. Sometimes keyboard of laptop does not work. If I change power setting, for example time of sleep, it has not relation to keyboard.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mhimhdi2 ,

Is it that none of the keys work after waking from sleep? Does the issue get resolved upon restarting? 
Apart from occurring frequently after waking from sleep, are there any other scenarios where the keyboard becomes unresponsive? 
Please ensure that your BIOS has been updated to the latest version 324, and try removing ASUS System Control Interface v3, uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool, and then reinstalling ASUS System Control Interface v3 version V3.1.24.0 and Armoury Crate
Also, remove all external devices and power while the system is shut down, perform an EC reset by pressing and holding the power button for 40 seconds, to see if there is any improvement. Thank you.

None of keys do not work, except hotkeys. when I restart my laptop, keyboard works fine without problem.

My BIOS version is 324, but problem sometimes happens.

I think uninstalling any software or any driver and reinstalling is a stupid amateurish method. Problem solving method should be professional.

Unfortunately Asus Laptops have lots of problems and bugs and Asus support team has not good reason for it.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mhimhdi2 ,

Thank you for providing more details on the issue. If you're experiencing intermittent failures with the hotkeys, it could be due to software or hardware abnormalities. 
Since the drivers and software provided above are primarily related to hotkey functionality, sometimes reinstalling the latest versions of drivers and software can resolve the issue. Therefore, we always prioritize recommending users to reinstall drivers/software and then check the hotkey settings in Armoury Crate. 
It has been proven to resolve most keyboard issues for users. Have you tested this? Or could you share any tests you have already conducted to avoid asking you to do the same thing again? Thank you.

I told that none of keys do not work, except hotkeys. In fact, hotkeys work fine. 

How can I recognize current version of Control Interface?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mhimhdi2 ,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. 
Please remove ASUS System Control Interface v3 from the Device Manager, reinstall it using the link provided, and refer to this link for instructions on uninstalling the keyboard driver. After reinstalling the driver, restart your system to allow it to automatically install the driver. Then, check if the keyboard is functioning properly. Thank you.