cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open windows freezing and restarting on a brand new machine

douca
Level 7

I recently bought a 2022 ROG Zephyrus M16 and am already having some issues with it. The problem I've encountered is that randomly after I start my laptop, the open windows (like my browser and discord) freeze completely and I need to close and reopen each one. Discord closes and reopens itself, yet it can happen multiple times. Other programs like Corsair iCUE also have the same thing happen. Interestingly, games remain unaffected while discord and other programs restart in the background. The issue also stops after it happens about 5 times (most it happened in a row so far, never consistent amount) and it'll only happen again after I close the laptop and wake it from a shut down the following day.

I appreciate any help.

2022 ROG Zephyrus M16: I9-12900H | RTX 3070ti | 32GB DDR5 | 1TB SSD | Win 11

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @douca ,

May I confirm if you have installed any antivirus software?
Based on your description, the issue could be caused by the antivirus software's scanning operation during startup. 
We suggest configuring these apps (Discord, browser, etc.) to not automatically run at startup. 
Please try opening them after startup and check if the issue persists. Thank you.