I have a TUF Dash F15 2021 (FX516PM) and for some reason, the VSync option in NVCP doesn't seem to do anything at all. After setting it to "On", the frame rate was still uncapped, and I was still getting screen tearing in games. I have already updated the graphics drivers to the latest version.
Is there anything I can do to get it to work?
Hi @DumbBot25 ,
I would like to confirm if the screen tearing issue occurs in every game?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics card driver to see if it resolves the issue?
Also, could you please let me know the current version of the graphics card driver and the mode set in Armoury Crate?
If possible, could you provide a video for further investigation? Thank you.
- Yes, it happens in every game.
- Yes, I've tried clean installs on both NVIDIA and Intel Drivers.
- NVIDIA Driver is on 22.214.171.12498 and Intel Driver is on 126.96.36.19969. Both are downloaded from the NVIDIA and Intel websites respectively. Armoury Crate is set to Performance, and GPU mode is on Standard.
Note: I've also tried the graphics drivers from MyAsus, but it did not fix the problem.
Hi @DumbBot25 ,
Please try disabling VSync and HDR to see if the issue can be resolved.
Additionally, do you experience screen tearing issues when using an external monitor?
If none of the above tests solve your problem, we recommend that you send your laptop to our repair center for further diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
- Having VSync disabled does not fix the problem, and this device does not have any HDR options.
- I do not have any external monitors that I can use to test.
On a side note, I've also looked through the settings in Intel Graphics Command Center. In the "Adaptive Sync" section, there is an option called Unlock FPS. Setting this to "Off" doesn't seem to do anything either, as FPS is still uncapped, and tearing is still present.