cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ROG Scar Strix SCAR 17 G733PZ Bios 324 - black screen kernel 41

Raisjo
Level 7

I have a new ROG Scar Strix SCAR 17 G733PZ Bios 324 which randomly experiences black screen (computer completely shuts down) with event kernel 41. It produces no minidump. I use Performance setup in Armoury Crate with GPU Ultimate Mode.

So far I have noticed it only during gaming though I did little else with the laptop. At first glance it does not seem to be termperature related as it did not shut down when running on the same or higher CPU/GPU temperatures. I have generated HWInfo log and Armourt Crate diagnostic log which I can provide.

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Raisjo ,

Since the 'kernel 41' error indicates an unexpected shutdown or system crash, may I ask if you are experiencing the same issue with all games? I recommend ensuring that your Windows operating system is fully up to date and using the MyASUS tool to check for any abnormalities on your computer.

Could you please help confirm if your NVIDIA display driver is the ASUS-certified version V31.0.15.3645?

Additionally, I'd like to inquire whether you have added or replaced any memory modules. It is advisable to revert to the factory memory configuration and test if the issue persists.

If you have tried the above troubleshooting steps and the problem still persists, please provide relevant log files through private messaging so that we can further investigate your issue. Thank you for your cooperation.