cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My laptop wants to Eject the discrete graphics card

tamthnt
Level 7

After I installed the Touchpad Driver, I reinstalled the Video Card Driver. But it still shows... like ghost driver, do you guys have any way to help me? Thanks.

tamthnt_0-1711951828052.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @tamthnt ,

Due to the PCIe hot-plug feature in Microsoft OS, laptops with GPUs connected via PCIe may display the GPU as a removable device. This is a design feature in Microsoft OS and may occur across all brands.
However, in the TP driver design, considering the possibility of accidental touch by users, the GPU device is hidden to prevent unintentional triggering. 
Therefore, when installing the TP Driver, it is normal to still see the hot-plug icon (which is a limitation of the Microsoft OS). The above information is provided for your reference.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @tamthnt ,

Due to the PCIe hot-plug feature in Microsoft OS, laptops with GPUs connected via PCIe may display the GPU as a removable device. This is a design feature in Microsoft OS and may occur across all brands.
However, in the TP driver design, considering the possibility of accidental touch by users, the GPU device is hidden to prevent unintentional triggering. 
Therefore, when installing the TP Driver, it is normal to still see the hot-plug icon (which is a limitation of the Microsoft OS). The above information is provided for your reference.

Hello,

Thank you for explaining the above issue.