cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing RGB ribons for front led strips ROG Strix Advantage Edition Model # G153QY

Gfoot
Level 7

Hello!

I recently purchased a ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition. Model #: G153QY-SG15.96800

While using the laptop, I noticed that the RGB front strips along the lower front lip and front corners were not lighting up. I opened the laptop and found that the LED ribbons from the motherboard to the LED strips were missing. If possible, I would like to get these ribbons so that I can get the front LEDs working!

I also noticed that the laptop is not performing as well as expected in 3dMark tests. I have read that drivers can be an issue on this model, what are the best drivers to use for this model? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Gfoot ,

Please refer to the setup instructions provided in this link for further customization of the lighting effects through AURA Sync in Armoury Crate. Regarding drivers, we recommend using the versions released on the official ASUS website to avoid potential compatibility issues. 
The information above is provided for your reference. Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Gfoot ,

Please refer to the setup instructions provided in this link for further customization of the lighting effects through AURA Sync in Armoury Crate. Regarding drivers, we recommend using the versions released on the official ASUS website to avoid potential compatibility issues. 
The information above is provided for your reference. Thank you.