cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiniLED Vignetting - ROG Zephyrus M16 - GU604VZ (4080)

anek89
Level 7

Hi! I purchased the M16 (2023) couple of months ago. Noticed slight dimming of the screen along all 4 edges of the screen (vignetting of sorts). Clearly identifiable moving cursor from center of screen to edges and the dimming becomes obvious (especially on all-white windows. Is this common? Does anyone with this model and screen see the same issue or is your screen uniformly lit edge to edge? I'm afraid it's going to get worse as time passes.

If this is not common for Asus's miniLEDs then I shall contact ASUS tech support for a resolution.

Thanks in advance. See photo below and the dimming along the entire screen edge.

miniled vignetting.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @anek89 ,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We understand that you may be worried about the slight dimming phenomenon you've observed around the edges of your screen. Firstly, we want to let you know that photos may not accurately convey the actual viewing experience. Colors and brightness on the screen can be influenced by various variables during photography and display, potentially causing a discrepancy between what is shown in the photos and the real-life situation.
Based on the photos you provided, it seems that there isn't a significant issue with the brightness around the edges of the screen. However, if you remain concerned about this issue, we recommend that you visit a local authorized service center for further examination. This information is provided for your reference, and we appreciate your understanding. Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

Hi Anbby,

Thanks for the input and I realize that the image isn't the best but there is a clear dimming of approximately 3cm thickness along the screen edges. Visibly dimmer than the rest of the screen. I will have to bring it in.