cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 buttons not working.

IguanDot
Level 8

M Buttons stopped working. Is it a common issue or not? Can't find something related

39 REPLIES 39

Problem fixed. Thx.

This one works!

ismail1234
Level 8

Hello friends, my problem is solved. I took the computer to the repair service, first they said it was caused by the keyboard, they tried to replace the keyboard, then when the problem was not solved, the motherboard and keyboard were replaced, and now the problem is solved.

crankcasenz
Level 7

I have the same issue on a brand new G634JZ 16" Strix Scar

None of these solutions worked. It is so annoying not having working volume buttons. 
Like other people, mine worked for a couple of days....then stopped.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @crankcasenz ,

Could you please try uninstalling the relevant driver and then reinstalling it to see if it helps?
Additionally, after reinstalling the driver, please power off your laptop completely and disconnect all external devices, including the power source. Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds then release it, and reconnect the power before booting up for testing.
If the above steps do not improve the issue you're experiencing, we recommend taking your laptop to a local authorized service center for further hardware diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

IguanDot
Level 8

A-and I'm back guys! Once again my M buttons are not responding. I did not do anything from my end to call this problem and my main guess is that something in the Windows update crashes the driver compatibility with the new build. Will try to reinstall drivers and get back with the feedback. But it is annoying tbh 😤 

Wrong guess, last update installation date is 13.09 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @IguanDot ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

This issue can sometimes be caused by compatibility issues with software or drivers. Therefore, we typically recommend uninstalling and then reinstalling Armoury Crate and the ASUS System Control Interface v3 driver to see if this approach can resolve the problem.
However, at times, it could also be a hardware issue. Since we cannot perform  diagnostics through the forum, we would advise considering further testing at a local authorized service center. Thank you for your understanding.

Cupoftealeaves
Level 7

Apparently so as my keyboard hotkeys m1 through 5 just stopped working.  Has anyone found a fix? 

Cupoftealeaves
Level 7

So I posted last night that none of my hotkeys m1-5 were working.  As others have reported here, after my laptop got its beauty sleep, it appears the hotkeys are now working correctly.. so odd.  I guess I'll ensure that my laptop gets its beauty sleep.