cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M1, M2, M3, M4, M5 buttons not working.

IguanDot
Level 8

M Buttons stopped working. Is it a common issue or not? Can't find something related

39 REPLIES 39

I just bought the Zephyrus G14 today too (2023 model Ryzen 9, RTX 4060). My whole M's buttons stopped working.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @StewieGriffin ,

Have you attempted to configure hotkeys using Armoury Crate? For guidance on setting up hotkeys, please consult the following link within the [Device - Customizable Hotkey] section:https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1043747/

If you've already configured hotkeys and they're still not functioning, kindly disconnect the power source and all external devices, then press and hold the power button for 40 seconds before reconnecting the power and powering on for testing.

I tried all that. Reinstalled keyboard drivers. Did a window 11 clean install. Check windows update, bois, everything. It just doesn't register. I'd also like to point out that when I bought it at the shop it was working fine, then it just stopped working.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @StewieGriffin ,

Thank you for your reply. 
Since you have already attempted all relevant troubleshooting steps, and considering your product is newly purchased, to ensure your rights and interests, we recommend contacting your retailer for further assistance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

reverse2002
Level 7

Hello, I have the same problem here with my G16 2023 model and I need a solution for it please, M1 , M2 M3 M4 M5 keys not working

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

hi @reverse2002 ,

Due to the need for your personal information.
I have sent you a message, please check✉. Thank you

Rockman138
Level 7

I hit the same problem.

M1-M5 are all malfunction. Had Hotkey Restore to defual in Amoury Crate, still no help.

Seems it is a common bug.

ROG Strix G18 (2023) G814

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Rockman138 ,

Could you please try uninstalling the relevant driver and then reinstalling it to see if it helps?
Additionally, after reinstalling the driver, please power off your laptop completely and disconnect all external devices, including the power source. Press and hold the power button for 40 seconds then release it, and reconnect the power before booting up for testing.
If the above steps do not improve the issue you're experiencing, we recommend taking your laptop to a local authorized service center for further hardware diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

What shoiuld be the driver to uninstall?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Rockman138 ,

Could you please try uninstalling and then reinstalling the ASUS System Control Interface v3 driver and Armoury Crate to see if it can improve this issue? Thank you.