cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

<HELP> Strix G16 CPU overheating

rog47
Level 7
Model: G614JI-AS94, purchased less than 4mo ago.

Please help! My CPU's cooking after about an hour of BG3 on high graphics. I don't have any other third party softwares running (except Geforce Experience ig?).

HWiNFOHWiNFO

As you can see CPU temp reaches 100°C / 212°F.

I'm using the default Turbo profile in Armoury Crate. I don't know how long my CPU's been cooking, but I noticed frame drops during prolonged gaming sessions 4 days ago. Shutting down the laptop helps but frames would start dropping again later, so I decided to check temperatures.

BOIS and Windows are updated to the latest version. I will clean the fans but I doubt that would help much since the laptop is only 4mo old.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @rog47 ,

Please try updating your NVIDIA Graphic Driver to the latest version V31.0.15.2883 released on our official website .
I would like to explain that during prolonged usage of high-performance software or games, there might be instances of momentary high temperatures in the CPU. However, as long as the temperature remains below the Intel factory specification (105 or 100 degrees), it should not affect the product's lifespan. The CPU itself is equipped with protective mechanisms. When the core temperature exceeds the set adjustment level, it will reduce power to maintain a safe temperature.
We recommend trying to clean the fan to see if there is any improvement. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌