cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LAPTOP ROG STRIX G713RS

ElNomade
Level 7

Hello,

I would like to know if it is normal that the temperature of my GPU rises to 85-87 degrees Celsius when I play games.

LAPTOP ROG STRIX G713RS

AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX

RTX 3080

32 gig ram

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ElNomade ,

It is normal for the CPU and GPU temperatures to be higher when the system is running huge and intensive programs.
May I ask if you have set Armoury Crate to Performance or Turbo Mode while playing games?
We would recommend ensuring proper ventilation around the air vents and using a laptop cooling pad to elevate the laptop and prevent direct contact with surfaces, which can help improve heat dissipation.

Please feel free to reply and let us know when you have any further questions. Thank you.

I use the performance mode. What do you suggest for the temperature drop? Performance or turbo mode?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ElNomade ,

Depending on the application being used on the computer, if it is a software that requires high-performance such as gaming or other demanding tasks, it is recommended to use the Turbo Mode. 

Turbo Mode maximizes the power of the CPU and GPU and increases the airflow of the fan to meet the demands of high-performance gaming and work (Only available in charging mode).

The above information is provided for your reference,Thank you