cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop lags without mux switch

marcellop
Level 8

Hi my asus laptop tuf lags if I open a game without the mux switch being activated. That is, if I open a game that is run by the dedicated video card but the PC continues to work via the integrated video card and while I play it works fine but even if I just go to the desktop and move the arrow it crashes everything. While if I go to nvidia and set only nvidia gpu everything works correctly without lagging. I also have the same problem when I connect the PC to an external monitor, the external monitor run by the dedicated video card works perfectly while it lags on the PC monitor.
I don't know what it could be. I thought it might be a defect in the integrated video card, but at first this wasn't a problem.
PC features
AMD Ryzen™ 7 7735HS
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 4060
Ram 8GB DDR5-4800 SO-DIMM x 2
512GB PCIe® 4.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

HI @marcellop ,

Thank you for providing the information. 

Could you please try using the AMD graphics card driver version V31.0.14050.3, which has been verified by ASUS, to see if the issue improves? Thank you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @marcellop ,

Could you please share with us the laptop model and the current BIOS/AMD display driver version you are using? This will help us further investigate your issue. Thank you.

I have an update, if i change the display mode in the game on fullscreen lag much much less almost nothing, i have lag on windowed borderless and windowed.

laptop model: FA507NV

driver amd version:   31.0.24019.1006           

bios amd version:  032.017.000.055

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

HI @marcellop ,

Thank you for providing the information. 

Could you please try using the AMD graphics card driver version V31.0.14050.3, which has been verified by ASUS, to see if the issue improves? Thank you.

HI.

thank you now it looks like it work fine.

But i had to unistall the amd software because when i installed those driver you said me on device manager it showed me this version 31.0.24019.1006  then when i unistalled the amd software it showed me the version you said .  But i need the amd software or is it useless?

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @marcellop ,

We recommend using display drivers verified by the manufacturer to avoid compatibility issues. 

If you don't use AMD software for additional settings, then you may not need it.

Ok.

Thanks for helping me. 😉😀

QQ02
Level 11

Have you updated the drivers for both AMD graphics as well as NVidia graphics? Do you have problems using the integrated graphics for non-gaming tasks?

Yes i have updated all the drivers. When i use normally the laptop for non-gaming task it happen sometime that it lag but is rare with soft task, for exaple when i listen music with spotify it also lag the sound with a strange sound.

I dont want that this problem will get worse over time