cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard light controls stop working

rhodesengr
Level 7

I noticed the keyboard light controls weren't working. I rebooted the machine and then they worked fine.  Now the machine has been on a for a day and they aren't working again. If I press FN and any of the arrow keys, I get the appropriate pop-ups like "Brightness UP" or Down. A bar in the pop-up moves left or right but the brightness does not actually change. Same with the  left and right keys for color mode. Same if I open Armory Crate. I can change setting but the keyboard lights don't actually change.

My model is  GU502GV-BI7N10

3 REPLIES 3

rhodesengr
Level 7

Update: I noticed that if I close the cover for a bit and open it again, the keyboard light controls start to work again.

been sitting for a few hours cover up and controls stopped working again. I did some updating but that didn't help. There is a bios update but I am going to wait a few days before i try that

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @rhodesengr ,

Could you please try removing ASUS System Control Interface v3, uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool, and then reinstalling ASUS System Control Interface v3 and Armoury Crate to see if there is any improvement? Thank you.