cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with CPU fans And GPU fans with armoury crate

NotProgamercool
Level 7

Hello everyone! 

Today i have a big question and i wonder if that's normal that my computer's fans are limited to 6000 RPM but can do way more, and i think armoury crate interferes with the fans, and since the bios doesn't allow me to control the fans, i think armoury crate limits the fans, but is there a way to bypass that problem, i've tried many ressources on internet but none are working, speedfan, manual mode on armoury crate, and it's even worse if i put manual mode because if i set the fans to 100%, it will go to 5700 RPM, but i've noticied that when i was resetting the computer, a different version of armoury crate was there, so i was wondering if the computer's fans will depend of the version of armoury crate that is preinstalled 

by the way, my computer is an ASUS TUF DASH F15 FX517ZE

Thank you everyone if someone can help me !
(i also tried the trick with power management by editing registery, but nothing works)

5 REPLIES 5

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @NotProgamercool ,

I would like to confirm with you if you are currently experiencing any usage needs (such as overheating or lag) and if you wish to increase the fan speed. Since the manual mode of Armoury Crate primarily adjusts the fan speed based on your CPU/GPU temperature, could you please confirm if you have updated Armoury Crate to the latest version? If possible, could you provide the following information through a video so that we can further assess your situation? Thank you.

BIOS version:
Windows Build Version (Settings - System - About):
Armoury Crate > Settings > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):

Hey there

Here's what you asked 

Bios version is 317 if i am right

Windows Build version is 23H2 22631.3235

and here's all armoury crate versions that are inside

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 5.8.6.0
ROG Live Service 2.3.13.0
Aura Service (Lighting Service) 3.07.42
Armoury Crate service 5.8.6
Aura Wallpaper Service : Not Installed
Aura SDK 3.04.39
ArmouryDevice 4.1.1.1
ASUS Ambient HAL 2.7.0.0
MainSDK 2.01.11
AI Noise Cancelation Audio Software 3.2.0

if you can help me, thanks a lot!

also for the manual mode, i was putting the fans to 100% when they were reaching 30 degrees so it would be more harder for the cpu and gpu to heat

a video is added, i don't talk but you may understand what's happening 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @NotProgamercool ,

To avoid misunderstanding the situation you're trying to convey in the video, are you confirming that despite setting the fan speed to 100%, the fans cannot exceed 6000 RPM, while using MyASUS detects that the fan speed can briefly exceed 6000 RPM?

Since fan speed adjusts based on CPU usage and temperature, you might try testing with high-load games or software to see if the fan speed increases accordingly. I hope this information helps.

It is the case, when im playing very consuming games such as Fortnite, both of the Fans won't go over 6000 RPM, and cpu will reach very high temperatures like 98 degrees, but when im using MyAsus, it will go to 6400 RPM saying there's no issue about the fans, is it really normal ? 

Turbo mode will set fans speed to 6000 RPM max when reaching high temperatures, but won't go above that value.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @NotProgamercool ,

Due to the need for your personal information.
I have sent you a message, please check✉. Thank you