cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel Dynamic Tuning Device Extension component keeps crashing on ASUS TUF Gaming F15 (2022)

jnj123
Level 7

Windows Event Viewer keeps indicating that Intel Dynamic Tuning Device Extension component keeps crashing and Windows eventually disables it if it crashes too many times.   The driver version is 9.0.11000.27915 and the date is 6/3/2022.   When I click on Update Driver, Windows 11 indicates this is the best version already installed.    I'm running FX507ZM.312 of the ASUS firmware.  I'm afraid to upgrade beyond 312 as I've heard there are issues with higher versions and suspend mode, etc.   Wondering what the resolution is regarding the Intel Dynamic Tuning Device driver.   Thanks.   

If I should be contacting ASUS support directly, let me know how to do this, and I'm looking for a free method of obtaining support.    Thanks.  

4 REPLIES 4

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @jnj123 ,

I would like to confirm if your laptop is FX507ZM. 
Since the latest BIOS version is 316, it has been some time since you acquired the BIOS version you currently have. We recommend updating your BIOS sequentially (315>316) and removing the Intel Dynamic Tuning Technology (DTT) driver. Please download it again from the official website and test it. The information provided is for your reference. Thank you.

Notes for BIOS update:

• You can only update from an older version to a newer version; downgrading is not possible.
  • Updating the BIOS may carry the risk of the system not booting, so be sure to backup your data.
  • Throughout the update process, ensure a stable power source by connecting the battery and power supply. Please handle with care, avoiding pressing keys, using the mouse, or plugging/unplugging USB devices.
Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

Thanks for the reply.  Yes that’s the correct model number. One concern with updating the BIOS is the inability to revert back to older version should there be issues with a newer version.  Also the BIOS update page doesn’t really give details on what was changed.  I know it says optimization of system performance and security update, but that isn’t very specific.   Are there any more specific details about each BIOS update? Thanks. 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @jnj123 ,

Thanks for your reply. While we understand that you may be curious about the specific details of the updates, due to some technical and security considerations, we are unable to list out every detail. Each update may include optimizations to both hardware and software, as well as addressing potential issues from previous versions. We are continuously striving to provide the best user experience.
If you encounter any issues or have concerns after the upgrade, please feel free to let us know. We would be happy to assist you in resolving any difficulties you may be facing. Thank you for your understanding.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

Thanks for the reply.   Unable to or unwilling to?  There's a difference.  Just saying.   I really feel I should know exactly what is in the update, since it can't be undone later.   If I do decide to update, it will be when I'm on vacation and not in the middle of using the computer for a project.   Thanks.