cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Nvme on GL503VD

JorgeNu
Level 7

I decided to upgrade to a Samsung Evo 970 Plus 500 GB for OS and an HP 120 GB SSD for storage, since the factory reset was lost on a HDD, I installed Windows 10 (RST mode in BIOS) and the drivers from the Asus official website on the Nvme drive with a Windows USB installer, at first the issue was the Intel RST software didn't read the Nvme, only the Sata SSD, so I couldn't activate the Intel Optane memory. When I updated the Intel RST software to a newer version, it says "There are no valid disk pairs on your system", is this a feature only for memory pairs? because searching the Intel forum I found this:

"If you want to use the Intel® Optane™ Memory, you will need to install the Windows(R) 10 on the Toshiba* SATA drive and use the Samsung* SSD 960 EVO as a secondary drive."

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Optane-Memory/optane-drive-visible-in-RST-UI-under-storage-view...

Since I'm still learning about this topics I'm not sure if this will work, I don't know if I'm using NVME correctly, any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @JorgeNu ,

I would like to explain that, due to Optane being installed on the original shipped hard drive, if you replace the original hard drive, you won't be able to use Optane Memory anymore. Below, I provide you with the verified brands and models of NVMe upgrades for your reference. Thank you.

SAM/MZVLW512HMJP
SDK/SD9PN9U-512G-1002
TOSHIBA/THNSN5512GPU7

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

JorgeNu
Level 7

I already had a response from Asus support, I had no idea that Intel also had Nvme models, so the configuration I have is fine as it is, thanks for responding