cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idle temperatures

i-touch
Level 7

Asus ROG Strix g16 614ji (4070 i7-13650hx) idle temperatures are 50 GPU and 65 CPU. is it normal? what can i do to lower it?Ekran görüntüsü 2024-03-26 000852.png

#temperatures #laptop #idle

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @i-touch ,

According to your screenshot, the GPU settings are set to Ultimate (which provides the best performance experience for scenarios requiring intensive use of graphics processing). If on idle, it's recommended to adjust it to Standard. 
Please check the Task Manager for any background processes or updates running to assess if the temperature performance is normal. It's worth noting whether you experience stuttering after a rapid temperature increase during gaming and if the temperature stabilizes afterwards.

If you want to further reduce temperatures, here are some suggestions:

• Laptop Cooling Pad: Choosing a cooling pad tailored to your needs can enhance airflow around the laptop, aiding in cooling both the CPU and GPU.
  • Elevate the Laptop: Make sure to place the laptop on a flat and hard surface to facilitate better air circulation. Avoid using it on soft surfaces like beds or sofas to prevent blocking ventilation.