cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high GPU hot spot temps

Yochi
Level 8

hello, so i've had rog G15 AE for about 3 month now, it's my first gaming machine ever owned, so i'm just getting hang of monitoring temps and stuff, i'm generally using HWinfo to get all the sensor readings, when gpu is pulling 120+ watts GPU hotspot seems to hover around 98-100C while junction and overall temps are always below 80C, i'm not experiencing any stutters or frame drops, is this normal for this particular machine? i'm aware that it uses liquid metal which tends to be running little bit hotter than thermal paste, after month i purchased the laptop it started rebooting while gaming, i thought it was temp issues at first, but after clean installing windows everything seems to be fine, i have not had any kind of issues after that, but i'm still concerned about hotspot temps. i have manual fan curves set in AC, so they are running at max on heavy loads.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Yochi ,

I understand your desire to ensure everything runs smoothly, and monitoring temperatures is a good habit. The Hotspot represents the hottest point on the GPU chip, and if the overall temperature is below 80°C, it may not be a cause for concern. After reinstalling Windows, please make sure to update your BIOS and drivers. Keep an eye on the temperatures, and if you haven't encountered any issues like stuttering or frame rate drops, feel free to enjoy your laptop.
If you still have concerns about the GPU Hotspot temperature or experience other issues, I recommend taking your laptop to the nearest authorized service center for further assessment. Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Yochi ,

I understand your desire to ensure everything runs smoothly, and monitoring temperatures is a good habit. The Hotspot represents the hottest point on the GPU chip, and if the overall temperature is below 80°C, it may not be a cause for concern. After reinstalling Windows, please make sure to update your BIOS and drivers. Keep an eye on the temperatures, and if you haven't encountered any issues like stuttering or frame rate drops, feel free to enjoy your laptop.
If you still have concerns about the GPU Hotspot temperature or experience other issues, I recommend taking your laptop to the nearest authorized service center for further assessment. Thank you.