cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone have keyboard firmware for fx553vd?

airguitarist
Level 7

I have been facing keyboard issues with my veteran FX553VD-DM160. I searched but could not find the files on the Internet. Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @airguitarist ,

Could you please describe the issues you're experiencing with the keyboard and the current version of the OS you're using? 

This will help us assist you further. Thank you.

hi @Anbby_ROG, the keyboard is unstable 😞 sometimes it works fine but usually it becomes unresponsive after turning on the laptop. in that case fixing takes several reboots by on/off button. also sometimes  random keys decide to work.

before this one i had a gl553vd which had similar symptoms that i solved by a firmware from this forum. unfortunately i could not find any file for fx553vd, hope you can help me.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @airguitarist ,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to confirm if you have referred to this link for instructions on performing an EC reset and reinstalling drivers for testing? To avoid repeating troubleshooting steps, could you please let us know what steps you have already taken? Thank you.

airguitarist
Level 7

hi @Anbby_ROG,

i have already tried removing keyboard from device manager and updating driver. Windows 10 pro 22H2 is running on the pc, bios version is 308.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @airguitarist ,

Thank you for your reply. If the issue persists after performing an EC reset, we recommend that you take your laptop to a local service center for further hardware diagnostics. Thank you.