cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G814JZ-N6002W DXGI Crashs

Ahyed
Level 7

Friends, I have an ASUS ROG STRIX G18 laptop and Recently it started giving errors starting with dxgi. Possible reasons include hardware as well as software problems. I want to reset everything because I don't know what the problem is. First of all, today I will install Windows 11 Pro cleanly via USB with an ISO file. Afterwards, I'm thinking of resetting BLOS. Likewise, I will also run Memtest. I would be happy if you could help me with this process. Some people have said that if you turn off overclocking, the problem will be solved, but I do not control overclocking and I have no knowledge of BIOS settings. Additionally, the drivers are the most up-to-date and I can install them successfully. This means that there is no problem with the GPU. Comments have been made about whether it is due to the MHz of the RAM or related to XMP technology. What are you thinking? I only know how to switch it to Turbo via the Armory Crate app while playing games. (In the description it says that overclocking is done and Max power is given. Fans work at Max.) I am really worried because I bought the computer new and paid a large amount of money. It has a warranty, but I am very afraid of a hardware problem. I would be happy if you help. Might you be particularly interested? (in the style of DXGI INVALID CALL or DXGI DEVICE HUNG errors)

2 REPLIES 2

C-V-N
Level 12

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Ahyed ,
I would like to politely inquire whether your BIOS has been updated to the latest version 321. Could you please consider using the ASUS-verified NVIDIA display driver version V31.0.15.2883 to see if it improves the issue? Additionally, have you updated or reinstalled DirectX to test for any improvements?

If you are considering reinstalling the system, you can follow the steps provided in this link to perform a simpler Cloud Recovery in MyASUS within WinRE. The information above is offered for your reference. Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌