cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G513QE 3050TI Error 43 on startup - BSOD's, Unable to install Nvidea driver, A C Shows nothing

FapEngine
Level 7

This is a weird one and I'm only posting here because the form I'm filling out tells me I have to post here otherwise they wont look at my request,
but here goes nothing,

I will list in order how things started and where I am now.

Worked perfectly for the first 6-8 hours of use,
then I downloaded a driver update, and restarted to install some windows updates,
at which point all of my problems started.

I could not install a gpu driver, it did not give me any errors, it just said it had installed, I'd restart, and it would prompt me to install again.

I played around with some things, and then saw that it wasn't prompting me anymore, so I tried to play a game again, at which point, it encounters a bsod about 15 minutes in,
and when I restart, geforce experience prompts me to install the driver again, and when I play a game, its clear that its running off the internal graphics on the cpu.

I go to the internet for answers, and for the next 4 days, for many hours of the day, I go through the process of trying all of this:

Should be solved by disabling igpu in bios - cannot do that on the latest version of bios, or the second latest

Should be solved by upgrading to windows 11 - It didnt, I have been able to revert back to windows 10 after lots of effort.

Should be solved by upgrading the bios - that didn't help at all in fact I have less settings to play with now

Should be solved by disabling igpu in armoury crate - armoury crate doesnt have that option anymore, instead the solution should be to set it to performance, or standard mode, (according to online forum posts) at which point the device should only be using the gpu, provided its plugged in.
I cannot get this to work, my suspicion is because the gpu, or connection to the gpu, has issues.

Should be solved by DDU (display driver uninstaller) and reinstallation of drivers, offline, with windows defender turned off - tried more than 10 times, including many reinstallations of armoury crate. (NOTE, I was only able to figure out how to get into safe mode 24 hours ago, the drive was bitlocked and I was able to disable that ((you're not able to get into safe mode without the bitlock key)), so, when I was, I tried installing via safe mode, everything, from using both of the recommended asus nvidea drivers for the g513qe, to the oldest supported, to the newest, combined with using DDU in safe mode)

Could be solved by leaving armoury crate uninstalled, and allowing power management to be controlled via windows and external applications such as Power management controller - but I cannot get a response from the card, or even install a driver, without armoury crate installed, it seems to be the only program that can switch from igpu to gpu, either that, OR, (more likely) windows has lost connection with the graphics card somewhere along the lines, to some extent, even though it shows up in device manager,
and Power management controller is not able to detect that a gpu is at all there to switch to.

The card has to be disabled and uninstalled via device manager, and then the computer shut down, for it to show up on a program like MSI afterburner, (a program that will show me how the card is performing), or even be utilised at all. Even then, this only works rarely, and seems to be happening less and less the more I play with the laptop..

When I have been able to get a driver to install, and check on performance via a game or a stress test,
Either, the computer crashes, with multiple different types of bsod's, less than 10 minutes in,

or, when I was able to play a game, a couple of minutes in I see small grey rectangles forming all over the screen, very reminscent to what dying graphics cards look like on desktops, and within 10 seconds it had crashed the computer.

I haven't been able to do anything close to this for days, as I cannot even get the card to respond, to anything, except once, completely randomly upon the millionth reinstall of Armoury crate, at which point, it had a BSOD 30 seconds later with the error message "video TDR failure"

I really dont want to send this device back, It was a dream for the first use, but I dont know what to do anymore. I fear there is an intermitent connection issue with the graphics card.

I have had a conversation with an asus support rep who has guided me through posting logs of armoury crate and trying a few little things, I am now posting this and the form I'm filling out to asus, and I will then try one last windows reset, with the addition of using the "restore preinstalled apps" preset, in a last ditch effort.

EDIT: As it turns out, Ive never had access to the "restore preinstalled apps" selection as this device had been wiped before I even got my hands on it. So who knows if a complete reset + preinstalled apps would do the trick unfortunately. 
Device has now been completely reset again and the error 43 on startup issue still persists.

Note:
Nvidea forum:
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/473005/nvidia-rtx-3050-missing-...
Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/qg43bk/asus_gaming_tuf_f15_nvidia_3050_driver_not/
Microsoft Forum:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-3050-ti-not-being-detected/f2d73db0-b29...

All of the above posts are similar, but seem to be easily fixable in comparison.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @FapEngine ,

May I ask if you have tried using the system restore point to restore your system and test if your graphics card can operate correctly? 
Additionally, if you have any extra hardware installed, it is recommended to remove it first to confirm whether it is causing the BSOD. 
Please refer to the following link's steps for the using the system restore point to restore your system.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1018810/
If you have already tested it using the system restore point and are still experiencing abnormal symptoms.
Based on your description,to avoid any inconvenience caused by hardware problems, we suggest that you send the product to the repair center for inspection and confirmation. 
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FapEngine
Level 7

Here is a link to all of the screenshots and the 2 seperate armoury crate v5.4.10.0 log posts (the recommended version for testing according to the asus rep)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZThCcUUC9duRFrKm3sWdaGnSIqCYe2-e?usp=share_link

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @FapEngine ,

May I ask if you have tried using the system restore point to restore your system and test if your graphics card can operate correctly? 
Additionally, if you have any extra hardware installed, it is recommended to remove it first to confirm whether it is causing the BSOD. 
Please refer to the following link's steps for the using the system restore point to restore your system.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1018810/
If you have already tested it using the system restore point and are still experiencing abnormal symptoms.
Based on your description,to avoid any inconvenience caused by hardware problems, we suggest that you send the product to the repair center for inspection and confirmation. 
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I appreciate the quick response. I will arrange to send the device back through customer support on the my asus program, as I do not have any system restore points.
Regards

David

Hi! I have the same issue , could you solve this ? 

Hi, unfortunately I haven't been able to confirm what the issue is yet as the item was supposed to be picked up for delivery to the service centre, but the courier has decided to screw me around with that too (I spent ages waiting for it even though it was meant to be express posted)

Asus reps however have pretty much confirmed that it needs to be sent back for repairs. I tried everything mentioned in this thread, sometimes up to tens of times, sometimes in a different order or with slightly different settings, to no results. I think we probably both have dead gpu's, or at least, an interfacing problem that makes the card completely unusable to windows.

If you figure it out however do post to the forum if you can, as I still have the laptop haha