cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G18's keyboard and my other peripherals stop working.

ariatgz
Level 8

Hello everyone 

My G18 2024 laptop's keyboard stops working all of a sudden in the middle of my work. Also no external IO device works anymore. I have updated all my drivers and windows. They only fix for it is to restart it. 

I was wondering if anyone else is facing the same issue. 

The trackpad keeps working fine but only external devices and internal keyboard stops working all of a sudden.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

After hours of trying to solve this problem, I believe I have solved this issue for my own laptop.

In order to fix this problem please open the Device Manager when everything is working fine,

then under the "universal Serial Bus Controller" right-click on each driver one by one and go to its "Properties".

While in Properties go under the "Power Management" tab, and uncheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" , This has worked really great so far.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @ariatgz ,

I would like to confirm if the issue of the keyboard suddenly stopping occurs specifically in certain software/games. Does it happen when the power is connected?
To further investigate your issue, could you please record a video of the problem occurring (including how the issue is triggered) and provide the following information via private message for further confirmation, thank you:

• Serial Number:
  • BIOS Version:
  • Windows Build Version: (Settings - System - About)
  • Display Driver Version:
  • Game/Software where the issue occurs:
  • Do you have an external monitor connected? (Please provide the brand and model):
  • Are you using any external devices such as a Hub/Dock/Headset? (Please provide the brand and model):
  • Have you added or replaced any SSD/RAM?
  • Armoury Crate > Settings > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):

Hello,
I'm facing the same issue on my G18 (2023)
Is there a solution or have you find a cause for this?
Thank you.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Mihaik7 ,

I would like to confirm whether the issue occurs when you are using external devices. To further investigate your issue, could you please record a video showing the problem (including how it is triggered), and provide the following information via private message for further confirmation? Thank you:

• Serial Number:
  • BIOS Version:
  • Windows Build Version: (Settings > System > About)
  • Display Driver Version:
  • Games/Software where the issue occurs:
  • Are you connecting an external monitor? (Please provide the brand and model):
  • Please provide the brand and model external devices such as a hub/docking station/headphones:
  • Have you added or replaced any SSD/RAM?
  • Armoury Crate > Settings > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):

Hello,
The laptop is now in service (second time with the same issues) under warranty.
I'm pretty sure they will not be able to solve it 😊
Yes, I'm using an external monitor, 2 USB hubs (not enough USB port on laptop 😊) for external HDD, headphones, keyboard and mouse.
As soon as I'll have it back, I return to you with all information regarding brands/models and system infos
Thank you for your support

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Mihaik7 ,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please provide the laptop serial number and repair number through private message? 

We will work together with our local service team to verify this issue. Thank you.

Hello

I sent you the details

Thank you very much 😊

Yesterday I had a chat with a customer service and they told me they had in depth tested the laptop and didn't discovered any defect. I know that the laptop is ok, I just want to know why these problems are happening. I don't have the knowledge and tools to find it by myself 😊 We agreed to further test it by connecting external devices to all USB ports, since I use it in this way (USB hub, mouse, keyboard, HDD, headphones...) and hopefully the issue will happen to them too. 😊

Hello,

After hours of trying to solve this problem, I believe I have solved this issue for my own laptop.

In order to fix this problem please open the Device Manager when everything is working fine,

then under the "universal Serial Bus Controller" right-click on each driver one by one and go to its "Properties".

While in Properties go under the "Power Management" tab, and uncheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" , This has worked really great so far.

So glad you solved it!!! I'll try it too.

Thank you very much for sharing!