cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G16 laptop freezing and battery light flashing orange

mateo61
Level 7

My laptop and several of my friends freezes randomly while browsing the web or playing games or in rest mode. And the battery light flashes orange. We have no way but to turn off from the physical button. Does anyone have a solution for this issue? All drivers - BIOS and Windows 11 have been updated to the latest version.

6 REPLIES 6

Bogus5
Level 12

This also happens in the w11 system without Armory Crate?

You mean to uninstall the armory . Not trying this. Is it a problem with Armory?

Most of the problems with Asus computers are directly related to ASUS software.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mateo61 ,

Could you please help me to confirm the full model name of the laptop you are using?
May I ask if you have it connected to the power source? Since the battery indicator is flashing orange, it indicates that the battery level is below 10%. I recommend connecting it to the power source to see if there is any improvement. Thank you.

The model is g614jv. I always use it while connecting to the charger. The battery is always above 80%. This problem occurs mostly when switching between integrated graphics and Nvidia graphics. Of course, yesterday I installed Windex as a clean install to test this problem, but in the middle of the installation, while it was connected to the charger and at 100%, it froze and the battery light blinked. became a woman I am really tired, the laptop is unusable. And I have many friends who have this problem. And others have mentioned this problem on YouTube and forums. And Asus does not show any way to fix it. @Anbby_ROG 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @mateo61 ,

Thank you for providing the information. 

Could you please further confirm by recording a video and privately sending the following relevant details? Thank you.

Serial Number:
BIOS Version (Latest version for ASUS is 321):
dGPU Version (Latest version for ASUS is V31.0.15.4624):
iGPU Version (Latest version for ASUS is V31.0.101.4502):
GPU and Operating Mode settings in Armoury Crate when the issue occurs:
Windows Build Version (Settings - System - About):
Armoury Crate SE > Content Tab > System > About > Service Version > Check Button (Copy all content):