cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G16 (G614JV 2023) doesnt start after bios update

Pontifexhh
Level 7

Hello,

The MyAsus app automatically carried out a BIOS update (version 328) today. The update was successful, but after the notebook restarted it went off again shortly afterwards. Now the notebook won't start at all. The screen remains black and after a few seconds the notebook switches off again. What can I do?

3 REPLIES 3

Imagenetic2935
Level 8

I had to boot into bios then into WinRE and reinstall everything. Fortunately mines fairly new so not too terrible. 

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Pontifexhh ,

Could I confirm if your laptop successfully boots into the system after startup? Can it currently boot into the BIOS? 
Please try removing all external devices and power while the laptop is shut down, then press and hold the power button for 40 seconds to perform an EC reset. Afterward, reconnect the power and boot up to see if there's any improvement. Thank you.

Hi,

unfortunately no, I couldn't boot into the BIOS either. But I was able to solve the problem differently. I opened the laptop and disconnected the battery for some time. Afterwards the laptop started again and I was able to restore the default settings in the BIOS. Now everything is working fine again.

Thank you