cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G15 g513qy shutdown during gaming

Bene123
Level 7

I have a g15 g513qy laptop with the ryzen 9 5900hx cpu and ex 6800m gpu. It is still under warrenty but I'd like to avoid making a warrenty claim if possible as I need my laptop for school.

Recently while gaming my laptop has been shutting down completely, as in the screen just goes black and it's off.

I thought this may be a thermal issue as the gpu Hotspot temps are reaching 103C and the gpu temp is reaching 85C. The cpu temps have stayed consistent at 95C which is meant to be normal. But when I check event viewer there is no event indicating that the shutdown was due to a thermal event. The only events preceding the shutdown are event 201, a connection to wmis could not be established.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

4 REPLIES 4

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Bene123 ,

Have you updated the BIOS to the latest version 331 and tested with the ASUS-validated AMD display driver version V30.0.13002.13003
Please try setting the GPU in Armoury Crate to either Ultimate or Standard mode during gaming, and set the operating mode to Turbo. This will help test if there are any improvements. Thank you.

I'll give that driver a try, I've been using adrenalin 24.1.1. Should I not be using adrenalin drivers for the 6800m

Bene123
Level 7

I thought I would update. I've reset windows and downloaded/installed the bios version and graphics driver you mentioned. The problem still persists

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Bene123 ,

Thank you for your feedback. Have you still experienced GPU temperatures exceeding 100 degrees after reinstalling the system and drivers? 
If so, we recommend sending your laptop to the local service center within the warranty period for further hardware testing to ensure it can function properly. Thank you for your understanding.