cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G14 "Automatic Repair. Your PC did not Restart Correctly"

Marc-Jello
Level 7

I woke up one day and my G14 booted up to a blue screen saying that it did not restart correctly. I have since tried to restart it, and restarting it while removing everything but my personal files. I also have tried to follow this video. In following along I can get to around 9:30, once I type "dir" I see that there are no files in regback. Hence I cannot copy anything and return to default settings. I am not super CMD fluent so I may have messed something up even more in trying to follow the video, but regardless I figure I'd ask for advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm more than willing to give any more info if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Marc-Jello ,

Based on your description, I would like to confirm if you have recently installed or replaced any hardware devices.
To avoid any abnormalities caused by inputting incorrect commands, we recommend following the instructions in the provided link to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042499/

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to comment and let us assist you. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Marc-Jello ,

Based on your description, I would like to confirm if you have recently installed or replaced any hardware devices.
To avoid any abnormalities caused by inputting incorrect commands, we recommend following the instructions in the provided link to troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042499/

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to comment and let us assist you. Thank you.

I haven’t touched hardware at all. Thanks for the link, I’ll see if it helps at all!

Hi, I’m looking at the link you’ve sent it seems like the solutions require being able to get into windows. My current issue is that I no matter what I do I am stuck on the BSOD and therefore can’t test any of those solutions. Not sure what that means but I figured I’d let you know. 

thanks for your help!

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Marc-Jello ,

I would like to confirm that if you have expanded or replaced any hardware devices (memory or hard disk)? Please try replacing the hardware devices with the original factory configuration to test for compatibility issues.
Please test if you can access the BIOS screen and refer to the following link for information on loading BIOS optimized defaults.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1042868/

【How to enter the BIOS】

While the computer isn’t powered on yet, press and hold the [F2] button of the keyboard, and then press the [Power button] (Do not release F2 button until the BIOS configuration display.).

If the above information cannot resolve your BSOD issue, we recommend that you bring your latop to a repair center for further diagnostics. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.