cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Audio issue with Asus Rog Strix Scar 15 (2022)

Water11
Level 7

I bought Open Box Asus Rog Strix Scar 15 (2022) for Music production.
The issue stared with crackle sound or no sound at all at random intervals, when using with audio interface(Scarlet) with studio monitors (Working fine with my old laptop).
Now it just no audio at all after sometime.
*No issue when using Audio Jack or Laptop Speakers*

*I did opened My laptop for ram and SSD upgrade once. *

I have tried changing cables and usb port, no luck
I figured out if I switch buffer size or Change spatial sound on or off.

Spatial Sound.png

It will start working but only for a short time. I have tried changing Power plan settings.

HELP!!!!

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Water11 ,

I would like to confirm with you if your BIOS has been updated to the latest version 324. Based on your description, the audio seems to be normal when connected directly to the studio speakers through the audio jack. Is the issue occurring only when using Scarlett? Could you please share the model of Scarlett you are using so that we can further investigate?
Kindly try reinstalling the Intel(R) SST (V10.29.00.7767) and Realtek Audio (V6.0.9427.1) drivers to see if it improves the situation. Thank you!

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

I use Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen Studio , and I use usb (Type C and Type A). I use headphones with audio jack, works perfectly. It just the audio interface with the problem. But it works fine with my old laptop Accer Nitro 5.

I done what you asked of me, reinstalling the drivers. And BIOS is up-to-date. Still no good

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Water11 ,

Thank you for your reply. According to your description, it is possible that this issue is related to compatibility. Many users on other forums have also discussed similar problems. Have you tried using BCUninstaller to uninstall the old drivers and then downloading the latest drivers for Scarlett? Additionally, have you changed the power plan to high performance for testing? Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌