cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extern monitor doesnt work anymore after video TDR failure

Vinth
Level 7

Hello

I whas playing a game and midsession i get an windows error saying video TDR failure after that my extern monitor stops working. anybody know a solution for this? ive checked the drivers and everything is up to date. tried few different hdmi cables aswell with no luck. the monitor does connect with an older asus laptop, but not with the newer one anymore.

Please help! 

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Vinth ,

Could you please let us know the model of your laptop?Please try the following methods to see if the issue improves:

• Remove all external devices while the laptop is powered off, press and hold the power button for 40 seconds to perform an EC reset, then reconnect the power and boot up for testing.
  • Remove the display card driver, search for your laptop model in the download center, and download/install the latest version of the display driver.
  • Try connecting the monitor through different ports or use another monitor for cross-testing.

If the issue persists, please provide us with more information about your laptop for further investigation. Thank you.

Hello Anbby,

Ive tried your methods a few times without succes. my laptop still doesnt connect with hdmi. 
Ive tried; 

Re-installing windows
Drivers unistall and install
EC reset 
optionel windows updates and normal updates
Checked other monitors but everything doesnt work on this laptop with different HDMI cables
Checked all display settings 
Downloaded DDU and runned it and reinstalled all drivers

I got the Asus ROG strix G15 G512LW
Thanks for your help

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Vinth ,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to confirm if your BIOS has been updated to the latest version 314. 
Please try using the ASUS-certified NVIDIA display driver version V30.0.15.1278 and Intel Graphics driver version V26.20.100.7985 to see if the issue improves. 
If you have a Type-C to HDMI cable, please try testing if the display works normally through Type-C. This will help determine whether the issue lies with the HDMI port or the system/driver. Thank you.