cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing Severe Keyboard Lag on ASUS ROG Strix G513RC – Need Solutions!

Framework
Level 7

Hi everyone,

I’m experiencing a persistent and frustrating issue with my ASUS ROG Strix G513RC. I bought this laptop last month, and after a few days, I started noticing a significant keyboard lag. Here’s what’s been happening:

• Both Built-in and Bluetooth Keyboards Affected: I use both the built-in keyboard and a Bluetooth keyboard. Both suffer from the same lagging problem. When the lagging starts, my Bluetooth keyboard disconnects, and reconnecting it doesn’t help. Switching to the built-in keyboard doesn’t solve the problem either.

• Temporary Solution: The only way to fix this issue is to restart the laptop, which is highly inconvenient, especially during meetings or gaming sessions.

• Attempts to Fix the Issue: I’ve tried reinstalling drivers and following the instructions on the ASUS FAQ page, but nothing has worked so far.

This issue is really disheartening, especially on such an expensive laptop. I noticed that others are experiencing similar problems, as discussed in this forum thread, but there hasn’t been a solution posted there either.

Has anyone else faced this problem and found a solution? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Framework ,

I would like to confirm with you whether you have updated the BIOS to the latest version 327, and have tried removing ASUS System Control Interface v3, uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool, and then reinstalling ASUS System Control Interface v3 version V3.1.29 and Armoury Crate to see if there is any improvement?

Additionally, please try the following steps to test if this resolves the issue.:

1. Go to "Device Manager", expand the "Human Interface Devices" section.
  2. Open "USB Input Device" settings, navigate to the "Power Management" tab.
  3. Disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

If the problem persists, could you please record a video of the issue and provide the following information via private message for further investigation?

• Serial Number:
  • BIOS Version:
  • ASUS System Control Interface v3 Version:
  • Armoury Crate Version:

[Log file path]
In Armoury Crate, go to "Settings" and check the "About" page. If you click on "App Diagnosis" and select "Log Files", a privacy policy statement will appear. Once you agree to the statement, try reproducing the issue. Armoury Crate will start collecting problem logs. Double-click "Generate Log Data" to create an encrypted log file (ASUS log file).