cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought used laptop already registered

toplagrafa123
Level 8

I have bought a used ROG G513 and tried to register my product, but the device is already registered. I have tried to contact Asus support but they are not willing to help. In their words the person that has registered the laptop has to send a request to unregister it, but I cannot get in contact with that person since i am the third owner of the laptop. Any support would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @toplagrafa123 ,

Thanks for your information.

I have sent you a message, please check✉. Thank you

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

toplagrafa123
Level 8

Can I send that information to you?

toplagrafa123
Level 8

It seems I can only send one message. I send the receipt for now, will try to send the serial number later.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @toplagrafa123 ,

Thanks for your information.

I have sent you a message, please check✉. Thank you

I have same problem. Can you help me ?

I'm having the same issue. I bought the laptop as openbox at bestbuy and it has been registered to another account. Can that be changed?

I send in message.

Hi, Im having the exact same problem I just bought a used ROG G703. Im the third owner and cant contact the original owner, and only have the laptop and serial number.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @OrangeCrush4um ,

Due to the regulations of personal data protection laws, we are required to verify the original proof of purchase or relevant information of the original registrant in order to assist with any product registration-related issues. 
This is to ensure the protection of user rights. Thank you for your understanding.

I am having a similar issue as well - is there an email address i should reach out to to resolve this?