cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Wallpaper error "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created." Aura Wallpaper Service.exe

Nat123ヅ
Level 8

Today, after I opened my laptop, Aura Wallpaper started acting up. Before this, last night, I turned on my laptop while it was not plugged in, and it automatically entered the BIOS to update from version 315 to 316, but it couldn't complete the update because it wasn't connected to AC power. Today, Aura Wallpaper wouldn't open, and a white interface kept appearing and disappearing continuously like a virus or something. Then, it gave me the error "A new guard page for the stack cannot be created." Aura Wallpaper Service.exe - System Error. When I closed the error message, it started again, and this kept repeating. I uninstalled Aura Wallpaper and reinstalled it from Armory Crate, but it is still doing the same thing. Although Aura Wallpaper runs, that error keeps appearing and it's very annoying.

I have an Asus ROG Strix G18 G814JIR. 

2 REPLIES 2

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Nat123ヅ ,

Could you please try uninstalling Armoury Crate using the uninstall tool, and then reinstalling Armoury Crate to see if there is any improvement?

If the issue continues to persist, could you please provide any relevant error messages screens for further investigation? Thank you.

That worked, thanks, now everything works because before, I used BCninstaller.