cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTENTION URGENT HOT TEMP

delinquent_null
Level 9

I changed my power button to sleep mode because when I walk away from the desk at work or school I want to not logged in and be able to conserve power by easy press that power button. What I discovered or run into this is urgent. The laptop starting to cook itself seems to be a bug because this just happened and I'm using my desktop and at home. My laptop is next to me, and I pressed that power button because I was going to game on my desktop. I smelled like premature cooking a funky smell so far doesn't seems to be anything got melted. This is observation from the outside, hopefully nothing gets damaged inside. I could not turn on the pc with keys and the power button because I think it detected overheating or drained power to a point too low to start. I had to plug in the power brick, and it booted, and all fans was maximum until everything was in okay temperature because I have also set in silent mode. You guys need contact me this is unacceptable, and need be addressed soon or later. The temp below is right after I booted back in also this confirmed why my pc was in restarted state after sleep. Now I am afraid to leave it in sleep mode and unattended. This is serious I am trying to be calm but spending over $2700 on your product scares me to have this kind of bug. And yes, I am using bios 318, I have posted before about 321 works only work with 1 stick of 8gb factory inserted RAM and I am pretty sure this is something to do with armory crate because I have disabled the hibernation thing or Bluetooth function or combination of. Also, I am pretty sure the software controls the fan speed state. Durning that time I was on my Bose 45 Bluetooth headset it did say I was connected to the laptop which was strange and in sleep mode. What it tells me this product was never tested and ran a trial stage before shipping to public. Below is my screenshot, (seriously contact me this need to be resolved or I am forced to go through with the channels and get my moneyback, this is not okay) [G814JZ bios 318 64GB gskill cl40 5600] Edited info I just tested using F11 sleep key Z^z it's warm to the touch but didn't cook it, but I am not going to test sleep key on the power button that's for you guys too test and replicate the scary almost catastrophic issue. 
HOT.pngHOT2.pngHOT3.pngHOT4.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

delinquent_null
Level 9

I fixed it don't use the power button as sleep button also, if you do create a custom power setting in the armory create. This is something ASUS them need more testing on. Also after I did my own power plan everything is super cool and quiet not as quiet because normally the GPU fan is at zero in in silent mode I have mine loaded best minimum rpm for all 3 fans to be zero and setup the minimum it will go and yes, the side effect is that I get 30386 pts on multicore and hottest it got was only 88c and fan ramps up slowly. let's get real water-cooling solution on laptop I buy it if it's real. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

delinquent_null
Level 9

I fixed it don't use the power button as sleep button also, if you do create a custom power setting in the armory create. This is something ASUS them need more testing on. Also after I did my own power plan everything is super cool and quiet not as quiet because normally the GPU fan is at zero in in silent mode I have mine loaded best minimum rpm for all 3 fans to be zero and setup the minimum it will go and yes, the side effect is that I get 30386 pts on multicore and hottest it got was only 88c and fan ramps up slowly. let's get real water-cooling solution on laptop I buy it if it's real.