cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus G15 GA503QR does not turn on, just HDD activity light does turn on.

peloponeso
Level 7

When charger or power on button are pressed, only the HDD activity light turns on while power and charging light are off, no keyboard, no screen, nor fanspin, nothing. I've even disassembled the computer to the bare motherboard and charger and it behaves exactly the same.
I have followed the bios restart instructions (pressing the power button.

Charger does work, I've tested with another laptop.

Warranty is out of the question, is the best buy model and I'm from Mexico.

It did have the latest bios.

Besides component level repair, What should I do before I send it?.

3 REPLIES 3

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @peloponeso ,

I would like to inquire whether you have attempted to remove the power source and all external devices, then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, and reconnect the power to test if the system can successfully restart. This step may help resolve the issue you are experiencing.
Additionally, could you please confirm whether you have added or replaced the RAM? If possible, try replacing the RAM with the original equipment provided to conduct further testing. The information provided is for your reference, and I appreciate your cooperation.

I've removed all external devices and it didn't turn on.
I did hold the power button for 30 seconds many times an the laptop did the same.
The laptop also has the stock ram.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @peloponeso ,

Based on your description and the tests you have conducted, we would still recommend that you send your laptop for further examination and repair. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.