cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus G14 memory socket fault...

flappy
Level 7
A friend brought his laptop over for me to look at after it rolled out the back of his parked car while securely stowed in a padded rucksack. It no longer booted although power light still came on. After some testing I discovered it was able to boot up fully if the 16gb memory stick was removed.
Assumed the memory stick had therefore died as a result of the padded fall. Friend got a new mem stick the next day, plugged-in, no boot. So it appears the mem slot is the problem.
I got my friend to take close-up photos of the contacts on the motherboard...

I inspected the rucksack the G14 took a tumble in and can confirm the bag is padded so there was no hard shock that would have caused case or motherboard damage... except obviously something is now wrong with the memory slot.
Is there anyone here who can tell me if there's anything that looks wrong about the contacts?

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-222.21.36.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Petosiris
Level 9

Yes, it look like the pins in the memory socket have loosened on the left side in the picture.  Your friend should send the PC in for repair.

Best,
Petosiris           About me  |  PC specs  |  Favorite game  |  How to make a PC specs image and link to it in your signature

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Petosiris
Level 9

Yes, it look like the pins in the memory socket have loosened on the left side in the picture.  Your friend should send the PC in for repair.

Best,
Petosiris           About me  |  PC specs  |  Favorite game  |  How to make a PC specs image and link to it in your signature

Thanks for your answer.  I will get him to do that 🙂