cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus zephyrus duo 16 How to turn 2nd display into touchscreen, not trackpad

Venomlight
Level 7

So i own a zenbook duo14 and the second screen is a touchscreen. The problem i'm having with my Zephyrus duo16 is the whole second screen is just a giant touchpad. It moves a webpage up and down as if i'm using the two finger gesture to do so. Is there a way to make it function like the zenbook does?

For example if i have a discord on my second screen and get a dm i can't just tap the 2nd screen or more specifically the users dm icon and start reading it. It just taps something on the top display.

4 REPLIES 4

Venomlight
Level 7

edited

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Venomlight ,

The second screen on the Zephyrus Duo 16 essentially functions as a touchscreen. Would you be comfortable explaining your issue further through a video? 
Additionally, may I confirm the complete model of your laptop? Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

QQ02
Level 11

Sometimes Windows confuses which screen the touch input is coming from so the lower screen can sometimes feed input to the top screen instead of the bottom screen. When this happens, you need to tell Windows that it has got it wrong.

1. Go to Control Panel (search for Control Panel in the Start Menu. Touchscreen settings are not in the Windows Settings menu).

2. Choose Hardware and Sound

3. The lowest category is Tablet PC Settings, choose that. A little dialog box will open.

4. The top option is "Configure your pen and touch displays.", click Setup.

5. When it shows text on your main (non-touch) display, press ENTER on your keyboard. When it shows text on your secondary (touch) screen, touch the secondary screen.

6. Close the settings, enjoy!

Note: you mention Zephyrus Duo 16 in the title, but Zenbook Duo 14 in the post. These are different devices, which can be relevant since I believe some, but not all Zenbooks also have the main display touch-sensitive. In that case, you should also touch the main touchscreen during configuration of the main screen instead of pressing ENTER on the keyboard. Zephyruses only have the second screen as a touchscreen.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @QQ02 ,

Thank you for your  support 🙂

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌