cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus Duo 16 - 2023 Freezing-flicking

Niyazigo
Level 10

It turned out that all Zephyrus Duo 16 models that Asus launched this year and sold for as low as $4500 were defective. We have contacted many users, whether they are on this forum or not, and they all confirmed that they have the same problem. Despite the fact that the devices of those who contacted the technical service were repaired and all the parts were replaced, they all took their devices back with the same problems.

In the previous threads, we found that this problem was caused by AMD's Adrenaline App, and the moderator friend suggested we delete it and install an old driver. However, when this happens, we said that our screens are flashing every 10-15 seconds, that it is very harmful and annoying for eye health, and that we are willing to use AMD Adrenalinele, which causes freezing problem rather than continuing like this. He said "We are working with AMD to solve the issue" and still marked the issue as "Problem resolved". But still no solution or explanation for 3-4 weeks. I talked to some friends from AMD about this and they said they didn't know about such a thing. Even the new drivers they released did not solve the problem. So actually there is no movement. All they do is buy time so they can't be refunded. Because the only support they give is to repair the laptop and return it the same way days later.

If I had not bought this device from New York and returned to my country, I would have already given it back 100 times, but unfortunately I don't have such a chance. Nobody has the desire to buy a product second hand at this price, even if it were, I wouldn't want to sell a defective product to someone else. Selling a product for $4500 and not standing behind it is fraud and theft.

Trusting the Asus brand, I bought this device from abroad and gave my old laptop as a gift to a relative. Now, because of this stupid laptop, the work of many people like me has been ruined. It's not really acceptable for Asus to ignore this problem when it should be keeping an eye on a top-of-the-line product.

I think the entire Asus team is too busy with their newly released handheld console Ally.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/rog-zephyrus-duo-16-2023-freezes-on-startup/td-p/9317...

119 REPLIES 119

Any suggestions so far from @Anbby_ROG  simply do not work 🙂  Anyone reads it and owning the laptop can safely ignore

@Jonnyrad  heartfelt, having same feeling with you. many of us I believe have never bought/used a laptop with issues before

The frustration cannot be put into words actually. Asus is just ignoring us totally and they are enjoying our hard earned money. In India i have reached till top management but their blindness towards case is unimaginable. I wish i never bought this bugged machine.

I would suggest to shut down laptop and remove the power adapter for 30 seconds. Then it should reset by itself.

Thank you for the suggestion. The keyboard and Bluetooth are now both working but the rgb on both the keyboard and motherboard aren’t. I’ve tried a few things but can’t get the rgb back on. Any suggestions??

Do they light up when u power on on shutdown? Or when u change syling in armory crate

They light up when it powers off and on but then there is no light whilst I am using it. I can’t work out what I need to do/ go into to try and fix it.

Try manually increasing brightness via fn + brightness key.. by mistake the aura scheme is turned off

I’ve tried that…makes no difference, when it implies it’s making the keyboard brightness brighter, there is still no rgb. 😞

lalitsehgal21
Level 10

Our problems were not over and now see this..

https://youtu.be/Lz9w95uR2m8

lalitsehgal21
Level 10

Thanks will try..