cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus Duo 16 - 2023 Freezing-flicking

Niyazigo
Level 10

It turned out that all Zephyrus Duo 16 models that Asus launched this year and sold for as low as $4500 were defective. We have contacted many users, whether they are on this forum or not, and they all confirmed that they have the same problem. Despite the fact that the devices of those who contacted the technical service were repaired and all the parts were replaced, they all took their devices back with the same problems.

In the previous threads, we found that this problem was caused by AMD's Adrenaline App, and the moderator friend suggested we delete it and install an old driver. However, when this happens, we said that our screens are flashing every 10-15 seconds, that it is very harmful and annoying for eye health, and that we are willing to use AMD Adrenalinele, which causes freezing problem rather than continuing like this. He said "We are working with AMD to solve the issue" and still marked the issue as "Problem resolved". But still no solution or explanation for 3-4 weeks. I talked to some friends from AMD about this and they said they didn't know about such a thing. Even the new drivers they released did not solve the problem. So actually there is no movement. All they do is buy time so they can't be refunded. Because the only support they give is to repair the laptop and return it the same way days later.

If I had not bought this device from New York and returned to my country, I would have already given it back 100 times, but unfortunately I don't have such a chance. Nobody has the desire to buy a product second hand at this price, even if it were, I wouldn't want to sell a defective product to someone else. Selling a product for $4500 and not standing behind it is fraud and theft.

Trusting the Asus brand, I bought this device from abroad and gave my old laptop as a gift to a relative. Now, because of this stupid laptop, the work of many people like me has been ruined. It's not really acceptable for Asus to ignore this problem when it should be keeping an eye on a top-of-the-line product.

I think the entire Asus team is too busy with their newly released handheld console Ally.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/rog-zephyrus-duo-16-2023-freezes-on-startup/td-p/9317...

119 REPLIES 119

With 6002 drivers the flickering is gone. but recovery demon still is there which is destroying the data on user ssd.

LACERIC
Level 7

What do we do if this never gets fixed? been dealing with this since beginning of this year (4 RMAs, 1 refurbished dented notebook later and still no resolution same issues ) and I direly need this PC to work as my old laptop literally is just a keyboard no screen. Money has been invested into this, time has been invested into this... when do I the customer get a solution?

Despite becoming the most popular post in ROG forum, we are feeling strong senses of hopelessness. Guys, we stand strong together, justice would come no matter what.

I have highlighted this forum to top level management in India and they will provide me solution on monday or tuesday. One issue which no one has brought out is... this laptop comes without raid in India. So everything comes preinstalled on ssd 0 hynix 2tb gen4. I added kingston fury 2tb gen 4. Surprisingly when you run recovery incase of issues, the buggy recovery system completely bypasses preinstalled ssd and wipes off data and sets boot, win and recovery on user ssd. Tools have own brain 🤣. To make it work like factory machine one has to open , remove user ssd and then run recovery and then reinstall user ssd. Else ur ssd will be gone with win and recovery. And hynix one will be left to use.

In Europe, when it comes with two SSDs, it comes with RAID0 enabled. Not from Windows, from the BIOS (AMD RAID). You can just imagine the pain of upgrading or wanting to dual boot or potential data loss when one drive fails...

That would have been acceptable, had we got option. Now 2 separate ssd are working with own brain thanks to non varified/benchmarked tools. 

Probably nothing. Because we were scammed by buying faulty models. Moreover, even if the problem is solved with special asus drivers, when we sell our laptops to others, (they are of course unaware of everything) when they install the more up-to-date AMD drivers, when they encounter the freezing problem, they ask for their money back in a few days and we get into trouble with them. So the problem should be fixed in the official versions coming with AMD adrenaline.

As someone who still has 5-6 years old AMD graphics cards in his office with unresolved driver problems (we don't use any of them for this reason, we just keep them in reserve for emergencies) I have zero hope in this regard.

spoonbobo
Level 9

Guys, I've selected standard GPU mode in Armoury Crate over past 2-3 days, yet I have not observed screen flickering since. My previous setting was Optimized.

Edit: Just after posting this, I saw flickering again, but I can say the frequency for the issue drops after selecting standard mode. I still think it's sort of random problems. I think it helps a bit, still at the end what I did is not a fully workable walkaround.

So the flickering is gone completely.  Tried both standard and ultimate mode. 

1. Turn off adaptive brightness in win 11 settings.

2. Turn off variable refresh rates in amd adrelin suite for display 1.

3. Use multi-zone mini led option in armory crate. 

4. This killed flickering completely 

Good try

What's you driver version?We should try the same.