cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Zephyrus Duo 16 - 2023 Freezing-flicking

Niyazigo
Level 10

It turned out that all Zephyrus Duo 16 models that Asus launched this year and sold for as low as $4500 were defective. We have contacted many users, whether they are on this forum or not, and they all confirmed that they have the same problem. Despite the fact that the devices of those who contacted the technical service were repaired and all the parts were replaced, they all took their devices back with the same problems.

In the previous threads, we found that this problem was caused by AMD's Adrenaline App, and the moderator friend suggested we delete it and install an old driver. However, when this happens, we said that our screens are flashing every 10-15 seconds, that it is very harmful and annoying for eye health, and that we are willing to use AMD Adrenalinele, which causes freezing problem rather than continuing like this. He said "We are working with AMD to solve the issue" and still marked the issue as "Problem resolved". But still no solution or explanation for 3-4 weeks. I talked to some friends from AMD about this and they said they didn't know about such a thing. Even the new drivers they released did not solve the problem. So actually there is no movement. All they do is buy time so they can't be refunded. Because the only support they give is to repair the laptop and return it the same way days later.

If I had not bought this device from New York and returned to my country, I would have already given it back 100 times, but unfortunately I don't have such a chance. Nobody has the desire to buy a product second hand at this price, even if it were, I wouldn't want to sell a defective product to someone else. Selling a product for $4500 and not standing behind it is fraud and theft.

Trusting the Asus brand, I bought this device from abroad and gave my old laptop as a gift to a relative. Now, because of this stupid laptop, the work of many people like me has been ruined. It's not really acceptable for Asus to ignore this problem when it should be keeping an eye on a top-of-the-line product.

I think the entire Asus team is too busy with their newly released handheld console Ally.

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/gaming-notebooks/rog-zephyrus-duo-16-2023-freezes-on-startup/td-p/9317...

119 REPLIES 119

Big issue with recovery profile of this machine.

lalitsehgal21
Level 10

Recovery issue beware

When the system crashed first time and was unable to boot, i tried reset this pc which failed at 34%. So other thing left was factory recovery. It completed but to my surprise it did not use "drive containing os" it used my ssd wiped it, installed os on it and created recovery partition on my ssd. 

When i logged in i saw just 1 ssd and factory fitted drive remaind unused. When engineer came first time and he executed his tools via usb to test if there was a glitch. The same thing happened. Yesterday same issue happened with your technical team *when they admitted the truth.

There is no option to switch off user ssd and unless its physically removed none of the tools be it offline or online (cloud) works on default ssd. On a note the tools should work flawlessly on default ssd not making users loose data. 

For onetime i may agree that it makes user loose data, but then to make system go back to factory state it should do entire changes to default drive not additional drive. This breaks and disqualify the primary reason for operation "recovery".

Rog16Duo
Level 9

Hi @lalitsehgal21 ,

Are you serious on going to the consumer court in India? I was also thinking the same. May be we can collaborate. Private message me if you are interested. We can discuss the details.

Thanks

Check dm.

Rog16Duo
Level 9

Hi @MasterC ,

Do you expect us to LOVE Asus when we have been given a defective laptop after paying $4500/- ? On top of that the horrible customer service experience we all have faced. I had sent in a brand new laptop in working condition with the freezing problem. And it was returned with physical damage and in non working condition. 

I HATE ASUS. I am saying that with a very calm state of mind. I will make sure that none of my friends ever buy any ASUS product. And when I will be rich I will put on hoardings all over the place warning people about ASUS.

Thanks

Will you at least let us investigate your case? No company would send customers serviced goods with obvious physical damage knowingly. That would be a deliberate stunt that will not go unnoticed, so it really doesn't make any sense for anyone to do that intentionally. Have you checked with the shipping service? Was there any noticeable damage on the box which the laptop was shipped in?

I can see that some of your posts have been blocked due to profanity. Persistence to do so will result in a ban. This is not social media. You are not posting in the correct thread. If you have issues with the RMA process, please create a post here.

I have removed your SN and RMA info on a public post to protect your privacy.

Sadly, my device as you can see from the photo also came back from the repair centre damaged so this is not an isolated case. The rubber foot in the middle is missing. I complained to John Lewis which is where I purchased my device and took it in for it to go for repair and they didn’t want to know about it. This is going to affect the resale value when I upgrade. 😞IMG_3905.jpeg

Sorry to hear that, please head over to this section to create a post, thanks.

Hi @MasterC ,

Just like me 2 other users in this forum got back their laptop from service center with physical damage. Either the laptops are thrown around in service center in some assembly chain or someone is deliberately damaging laptops so that people stop sending their laptops. I don't know what is happening over there.

@Jonnyrad & @Mr_Dr_Professor To which service center did you sent your laptops? I had sent it to Newark, California, USA.

Thanks