cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus strix scar 18

Aldin2023
Level 7

I recently bought an asus rog strix scar 18 and I hear a whining or buzzing noise when I'm working, is this normal?

8 REPLIES 8

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Aldin2023 ,

I would like to confirm if you have updated your BIOS to the latest version for testing purposes.
Is the abnormal sound occurring only when using specific software, or does it happen with all software?
Would it be convenient for you to private message me your product serial number and BIOS version?
In order to further investigate your issue, could you also provide a recorded video of the problem for us to analyze? Thank you.

The sound is almost inaudible, but it sounds like a mechanical hard disk, you can hear some quiet screeching, scratching, is it the current flowing through the capacitors or

20230606_173702.jpg

this kind of sound can be heard almost inaudibly with m

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @Aldin2023 ,

Due to being unable to confirm the actual situation of your laptop, when an electronic device like a laptop, tablet, phone, etc. is in operation, you may occasionally hear a high-pitched noise, commonly referred to as "Coil Whine," which is not generated by the speakers or fans. 
This phenomenon can occur in the design of high-power computer products and is not considered a hardware defect nor does it affect the functionality of the device. You can refer to the following link for more information. Thank you for your understanding.
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035838/

Thank you very much for your answer, you helped me a lot and your answer means a lot to me. You are very kind and responsible. Greetings

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Thank you for your support, please feel free to let me know if you have any questions in the future, thank you:)

passionateH
Level 7

I know this is unrelated but do you guys know what bag should I buy for this scar 18 laptop? it seems ASUS store doesn't have one for 18 inch... can I buy the 17 inch one instead?