cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus service centre returned system with original fault - Thousands of WHEA 17 errors every day

N4the
Level 8

How do I get the srevice centre to actually fix a laptop?  I bought a Rog 16 FLow in Jan, it has a hardware fault that causes thousands of WHEA 17 errors every day (15k+ errors in a working day) and regular BSOD.  Same issue as seen in this thread:

https://rog-forum.asus.com/t5/previous-forum/brand-new-rog-flow-x16-1000-s-of-whea-event-17-errors-e... 

Repair centre had it for a week, reloaded windows, & happily sent it back with the errors still happening. Event logs are full of them from the moment it booted with the new windows.

Chat can't help, phoned support, they can't/won't help, just directed me to go through the whole process of web form & sending it back again. Groundhog day.

Anyone got any advice? I've aslo tried Overclockers, they refused return as the original ticket went over their 28 day window (even though the ticket was opened on day 24), so it looks like I'm going to have to go to my credit card company for them to sort it out. Worst customer service I've had for a long time...

13 REPLIES 13

Ragnaraz690
Level 11

My A15 WHEA 17s a lot too, thankfully mine doesn't BSOD though. Everywhere I looked suggested unistalling all the PCIe Root Ports in device manager, I did that and it worked for a day then started again. I used DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers and reinstall them fresh myself with no GeForce Exp (bag of crap anyway), again, seemed to work for a day then WHEA again.

Some forums seem to think it's a Windows/hardware incompatibility. I have updated everything going on this laptop and I still get them, granted I don't have BSOD, but it's still concerning the amount of errors I get from Event Viewer.

Also, I'm guessing you're a UK customer? The Service center is a place called LetMeRepair in Scotland and they're rubbish. Reviews are bad and my personal experience from 2 RMA's on this laptop line up with those reviews and your experience. Bunch of half arsed cowboys with an ASUS license.

Your only option is to keep badgering ASUS and try to get a replacement machine.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @N4the ,

Sorry for the late reply. 
May I ask if you are still experiencing the BSOD issue after retrieving your product from the repair center? 
As we need your personal information, could you please PM me the following details? 
We will assist you in confirming this situation. Thank you.

(1)Your product serial number
(2)RMA number

As nothing was done to it other than re-laoding windows (which I had already done twice) I haven't tested it for BSOD, I don't have the time available to reinstall alll the SW I need when the WHEA errors have not been fixed. The BSOD was always preceeded by >30 WHEA errors a second in the event logs.  It's already gone back again, will see what happens this time.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @N4the ,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. 
Would you be willing to send me a private message with your product serial number and RMA number? 
We will then confirm your case with the repair center.

DM sent, many thanks for your help!

N4the
Level 8

This still isn't resloved, I have waited at home for 3 days now for this laptop to be returned. DPD keep saying they have "missed me" for the delivery. They haven't missed me at all, they just haven't bothered their arses to deliver it.  No one has set foot on my drive. I even flagged a driver down on one of the days & he didn't have the parcel on his van. This is by far the worst customer experience I have had with any company for a long time.

N4the
Level 8

I've owned this laptop for nearly 4 months now, & used it for less than 4 weeks (during which it kept BSODing, slowing down & having various crashes, but passing all diagnostics). The rest of the time I have either been reloading windows etc & rebuilding it, or it has been backwards & forwards from the third party "repair" company that ASUS uses for warranty repairs in the UK. If you buy one of these, check the event logs as soon as you get it, & if it has these errors, return it to the seller immediately. Buy something else...

tommy3636
Level 9

Pro tip, as I learned this the hard way as well.

Buy an MSI or Lenovo Legion laptop

tommy3636
Level 9

The worst part is, while the laptop is under warranty, they'll continue to say they've 'repaired' your laptop and keep sending it back to you.

Then when your warranty is up and you send it in, they'll say "OHHHHHH You needed a new Motherboard! pay us $2,300 and we'll put a new one in"

That's exactly what they did to me. No lie, wanted $2300 for the installation of a mobo.

They're criminals, for real.