cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix Scar 17 random shut downs

heelie
Level 8

Hi,

my new Asus Laptop arrived 3 days ago. The first day it was absolutely unusable because it would always shut down in the middle of the windows install. I somehow managed to install windows through the MyAsus tools. It theen ran flawlessly for 2 days. Now its starting to do random shut downs again. By random shut downs I mean it just turns off from one second to the other. No warning or anything.

Should I return this Laptop or is this somehow fixable?

regards

6 REPLIES 6

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @heelie ,

I would like to confirm with you whether you have updated the BIOS to the latest version and are using the relevant drivers verified by ASUS. You can download the latest BIOS and driver software from here.
If the issues persist even with the latest BIOS and drivers released on the official website, considering that your product is newly purchased, to ensure your rights and interests, we recommend that you contact the retailer for further assistance. Thank you.

Due to the ongoing regional holidays, my responses may be slightly delayed.
Thank you in advance for your patience.‌‌‌‌

Hi anbby, the bios is updated. I've had 2 switch offs since then I think. No switch offs for 2 days. So after all it is really hard to determine if I need to send this laptop back. I will keep observing till the end of the week.

hey anbby,

i just had another shut down. i opened amoury crate and im noticing that my cpu temperature is constantly over 90 Celsius. Is this normal? It seems very high.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @heelie ,

Thank you for your response. I would like to confirm with you regarding the GPU and Operating Mode settings in Armoury Crate. Which mode are you using? If you are playing games, we recommend testing with Ultimate/Standard and Turbo Mode. Thank you.

It seems to not matter. The CPU Temperature stays over 90 Celsius in every Mode. If I close everything it comes down to mid 80 but rarely ever below that.

Anbby_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hi @heelie ,
Considering that your product is newly purchased, to ensure your rights and interests, we recommend that you contact the retailer for further assistance. Thank you.